VMware Workstation – known program for virtualization. This product is a powerful solution for software developers and system administrators who are creating and testing fully-integrated network applications class servers operating in different environments. The unique technology of VMware MultipleWorlds isolates operating systems and applications within virtual machines, and the disposal of each virtual machine is a standard computer with its own processor and memory.
• The simultaneous launch of multiple guest operating systems on one computer
• Running a virtual machine in windows desktop core operating system and full screen
• Installing virtual machines without re-partitioning
• Running is already installed on the computer operating system without reinstalling or re-configuration
• Running apps Windows operating system on a Linux computer, and vice versa
• Creating and testing applications simultaneously for different systems
• Running untested applications without the risk of endangering the stability of the system or lose critical data
• Sharing files and applications to different virtual machines by using a virtual network
• Run the client-server and Web applications on one PC
• Starting on the same PC multiple virtual machines and modeling of network
Updated virtualized hardware:
• Improved display technology, which led to improvements in the work mode Unity (forwarding applications in their guest host, when they work as a native host application), as well as systems with a variety of video output;
• Guest operating systems can provide up to 64GB of RAM;
• The guest operating system Windows 7 and higher now emulated HD Audio codec (based on Realtek ACL888) with support for 7.1 audio;
• The guest operating system Linux 2.6.35 or higher you can use the guest USB3 ports. This feature does not work in Windows until the release of Windows 8, which will contain a native driver USB3;
• Added support for the sharing of Bluetooth devices in the guest operating system Windows, but can not be forwarding an audio stream, the mouse and keyboard;
• Added support for carryover in the guest environment hardware virtualization Virtual VT-X / EPT or AMD-V / RVI, so as a guest OS can run vSphere (including version 5).
Key features of VMware Workstation:
• Full support for Windows 8 including automated installation, optimization for easier management of the new interface (Metro), support for multi-touch (multi-touch) when running on tablets.
• Optimization of the graphics subsystem including a more powerful video driver with more features, the new 3D-driver for Windows 8 to operate without hardware acceleration, improved drivers for Windows XP, faster and more high-quality rendering in graphical applications (AutoCAD, SolidWorks and others).
• Built-in support for OpenGL in Linux-clients, without the need for additional installation of VMware Tools, accelerated and higher-quality rendering.
• Password protection to restrict access to the virtual machine configuration, performance parameters, file transfer, connectivity peripherals and drives, and so on. D.
• Test the service WSX – a prototype of the web interface of the new generation based on HTML5 to access virtual machines from a browser (including tablets and smartphones) without installing any components. It is recommended to use the Google Chrome browser in Windows, Apple Safari in Mac OS, Ice Cream Sandwich browser in Android 4.0; in Internet Explorer 10 problems are observed.
• Download the virtual machines from the VMware vSphere cloud system on the local computer.
• Support for USB 3.0 operating systems with the appropriate drivers (Windows 8 and some versions of Linux).
• Improved implementation of nested virtualization (Nested Virtualization) with extensions Intel VT-x / EPT and AMD-V / RVI, among other things, leads to a less resource-intensive 64-bit clients.
• Limited support hypervisor Microsoft Hyper-V – the ability to install Windows 8 with the activation of the corresponding function or server installation Hyper-V.
• Support for virtual performance analysis tools, which makes it possible to run applications like Intel VTune Performance Analyzer.
• Significant improvements to remotely connect to virtual machines through a VNC-client.
• New tools to quickly free up disk space by optimizing the virtual machine files.
• Processed tabs to quickly switch between virtual machines.
• Buttons rapid on / off VMs Titles tab.
• Automatic saving of search results to quickly return to them later.