Adguard is a remarkable web filter that protects you from annoying advertising, malicious and phishing websites, online tracking and much more.
really handles all types of internet ads, speeds up page load, saves bandwidth and increases your device protection against possible threats. Adguard filters only browsers traffic and does not interfere with other apps you use. We use a unique technology that allows filtering the traffic on your device without ROOT privileges. Filtering speed does not depend on the work of VPN server, as it is embedded right in your device.
How does Adguard protection works?
filters your browsers traffic by blocking requests to phishing and malicious websites and removing intrusive browser advertising.
Adguard can use two modes of traffic filtering.
- Local VPN mode.
- Local HTTP proxy mode.
Local VPN mode
If you are using this mode, does not need ROOT privileges to carry out filtering. At the same time, VPN-server is located on your device, so that there is no need to pass your traffic through a remote server in order to filter it.
Local HTTP proxy mode
- In this mode launch a local HTTP proxy server on your device. This mode is recommended if you use a rooted device
- Otherwise, manual adjustment of an HTTP proxy will be needed to use this mode, the filtering in mobile networks (Edge/3G/4G) will also be impossible.
- Protection against malicious and phishing sites. Our blacklists contain millions of websites. With Adguard you are protected from online threats!
- Improved ad blocking. The highest filtering quality.
- Premium technical support. We will help you with any problem in the shortest time possible.
- [Added] An option to disable splash screen on Adguard launch
- [Added] Warning for smartphone users about battery stats
- [Added] Apus Browser support
- [Added] Support for HTTP method REPORT
- [Changed] Use Origin as Referer for websocket connections
- [Changed] Make HTTPS whitelist, blacklist and apps exceptions available in “Low level settings” so you can easily reset it to default
- [Changed] Added RelayForReddit Pro to the list of browsers (you don’t need premium to block ads in this app)
- [Changed] Improved HTML content detection
- [Fixed] Website can be broken because of invalid HTML inside a “noscript” tag
- [Fixed] Adguard ignores tag href attribute while constructing an absolute URL
- [Fixed] Adguard cannot detect HTML if there is an xml declaration at the document start
- [Fixed] Glitch with swiping Adguard from the recent apps
- [Fixed] Error while opening about.com
- [Fixed] HTML parser should not filter “data:” URLs
- [Fixed] AG code is injected into “noscript” tag
- [Fixed] Error while parsing a style tag with embedded svg (lifehacker.com issue)
- [Fixed] Issue with wrong stats calculated for apps listed in “pref.net.exclusions”
- [Fixed] Wrong Firewall traffic stats
- [Fixed] Fixed a bug with filtering of the apps from exceptions list
- [Fixed] An issue with blocking POST requests and “keep-alive” HTTP connections